Roof replacement is an essential part of maintaining your home. However, it can be difficult to tell when to replace your roof. You need a new roof if you notice:
- A leak or a hole. A leak is an indication of multiple leaks in many cases.
- Broken or cracked shingles. These types of shingles will cause leaks soon due to expansion and contraction.
- Shingles with missing granules. The granules are the thing protecting your roof from blistering and cracking.
- Curling edges. This shows that your roof is not properly ventilated or has reached its life expectancy.
- Fiberglass showing through. The fiberglass is the skeleton of your shingle. This is a sure sign of replacement.
- Broken shingles are another tell tale sign of old age and replacement needed.
Most shingle roofs last 20-25 years while metal roofs can last anywhere from 40 years to a lifetime. With some of the new technologies that lifespan has increased to 50 years with improved ventilation. We are proud to offer GAF Golden Pledge warranties for our shingle roof installations - a warranty only available since we're a GAF Master Elite Roofing installer. Call 206-458-0916 today for more information on our roofing warranties!